fredag den 28. november 2008

I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right (Men at Work)

Picture_7
Back in January 2008 I decided to be open about my love for everything 80's, especially all the music, so I committed to naming all of my pieces after my favorite 80's jams. Men at Work is one of my favorite bands, the songs that most touch me are Overkill and Who Can It Be Now.
This piece was inspired by the first stanza of the song:

Who can it be knocking at my door
Go away, don't come 'round here no more
Can't you see that it's late at night
I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right
All I wish is to be alone

I used to listen to this song as a kid, and, probably as everybody else, I imagined myself as the protagonist of the song. This piece is about those many sides of my imagination, including the side that likes to hide.

Whocanitbenow_small

Menatworkdownunder246417